Monday, November 26, 2012

D4M Final: Reel Animation -Post 3-

I Have Everything "Reelized"...


     So this week I concentrated on figuring out the texture and beginning to rig my film strip for animating. I also played around with lighting and creating the text for my name.  


When I was texturing the film strip, I kept running into a problem with the transparency. I couldn't get the alpha to work in the transparency plug-in in the Mia Material X, because in this material the alpha needs to be plugged into the Cutout Opacity. When I figured this out I didn't have any problems with the transparency. 

This is before I figured out the problem

This is after I figured out the texture
    After I figured out the texture I began rigging the film strip. I decided I am going to use the rigging for the first half of the short and then use blend objects for the part when the film strip turns into an "s" shape.







Thanks for reading,
     MELANIE S MESCHER


No comments:

Post a Comment