Monday, September 3, 2012

Project Hiroshi Hayakawa -Post 2-

Pictures & Sketches

   My first idea as said in my last post was to make my pets into cute characters, to be used in a humorous fashion like Simon Tofield does in his shorts Simon's Cat
   So I took Pictures of all the animals I would like to draw, and for this post I drew out three of them.

Rudy



Pepper (Fat Cat)
Shadow



   I also did a color study of Rudy, mainly because I bought a pack of prismacolor markers.
Here are the other animals I am thinking of drawing, I just haven't decided if I want to yet.

Frickle


Zury



Rascals







     


  For my second idea, I really couldn't take my own pictures, so instead I looked up on google different victorian clothes and hairdos to get an idea of what I want my drawings to look like. I'm not going for anything historically accurate, I just want to get a feel for the era.
The Victorian era of British History was the period of  Queen Victoria's reign from 20 June 1837 until her death on 22 January 1901. The Victorian Era style of clothing, however, ended in 1912. [1] It was a long period of peace, prosperity, refined sensibilities and national self-confidence for Britain. Some scholars date the beginning of the period in terms of sensibilities and political concerns to the passage of the Reform Act 1832.

Here are the sketches and Ideas I came up with.






        These are very rough, because I didn't have someone I was trying to create into a character like with the animals, so I sketched till someone appeared. For example on the maid the bottom of her nose originally was going to be the chin, but it turned out to be her nose. 


Thanks for reading,
 MELANIE S. MESCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment